SAD is looking for an Executive Director (70-100%) to lead our passionate team and to take on the overall responsibility for the exectution of the strategic plans over overseeing the programmes. Other key duties include fundraising, networking, and project management.
The Swiss Academy for Development (SAD) is a centre of excellence for sport and development. We use sport & play to empower disadvantaged children and young people in Switzerland and internationally to become healthy, educated and employed citizens. SAD was founded in 1991 as a not-for-profit foundation in Biel/Bienne, Switzerland.
PLACE OF WORK
Biel/Bienne, Switzerland with the opportunity for home-based work (up to 50%)
September 1st, 2021 (or as per agreement)
- Overall: Lead the development and execution of the strategic plan to fulfil the organization’s mandate; work with staff and the board to ensure that SAD’s mandate and mission is fulfilled through strategic planning, projects, and networking
- Financial performance/fundraising: develop and oversee resources to ensure the financial health of the organisation
- Project management: design and manage projects and/or mandates
- Master’s (or PhD) in a relevant subject (social sciences, international relations, human movements science, etc.) or equivalent experience
- Several years’ work experience in development cooperation (preferably including field experience)
- Capacity to build up strong networks with national and international actors in development cooperation, including donor organisations; experienced in fundraising
- Experience in leadership/management positions; expertise in strategic/organisational development, including good understanding of financial management
- Outstanding networking, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience in managing development projects, including experience in project design and proposal writing
- Knowledge of key issues of areas SAD is active in – sport, education etc.
- A good overview of the development cooperation policy landscape is desirable
- Sound methodological knowledge of M&E (monitoring & evaluation) is desirable
- Proficient in German and English (C1)
- Willingness to travel internationally (4-6 weeks yearly)
We offer a challenging and exciting leadership role in a dynamic environment with a highly engaged team.
DOES THIS CHALLENGE APPEAL TO YOU?
We have mandated cinfo for the pre-selection for this position. If you have any questions, please contact Urs Stauffer at email@example.com or +41 32 366 54 13.
We are looking forward to receive your complete application by 18 April 2021.
The first round of interviews will take place on 18 May 2021.